Become an AEF Partner
The AOBA Educational Foundation (AEF) provides a variety of ways for organizations to partner and support our critical mission.
Our partners include educational providers, workforce development programs, and other resources to help us build a reliable pipeline of highly qualified candidates who are interested in pursuing careers in the skilled trades.
What We Offer to all Partners:
- Scholarship funds to support building operations-related training
- Guest lecturers – industry professionals who can bring a “real world” perspective to your classes
- Lunch and Learn sessions – introducing industry best practices and cutting-edge training topics to expand your curriculum
- Building tours of high-performance commercial office buildings to augment classroom learning
- Donation of equipment and materials to help create hands-on training opportunities at your facility
- Attendance at career fairs, job fairs, and other extracurricular programs
How Partners Can Participate:
- Invite us to speak with your students and job seekers
- Invite us to participate in career fairs, job fairs, or other programs
- Help us distribute information about the Foundation and its programs to your students and job seekers
- Spread the word – both inside and outside of your organization to help us “connect the dots”
The mission of our recruitment and application process is to identify potential candidates that would not only be successful in the internship program, but have outstanding potential to lead as future maintenance technicians and chief engineers.
For the first year of the internship, we intentionally limited the number of partner programs that were able to participate. We plan to grow the program in the coming years, due to the success of the program’s inaugural run, and increasing interest from AEF company sponsors.
Instead of working directly with a single partner to help us recruit interns, AEF has chosen to work with several partners to fulfill this role. We are currently working to develop ongoing partnership with area community colleges, adult learning organizations, community-based programs and high schools.