This page is dedicated to answering your questions about the requirements for the Paid Internship Program, including the application, the selection process and what you can expect from an internship with AOBA Educational Foundation. Note: Missed the deadline for Summer 2019? If you have industry skills and you are seeking employment, complete the Candidate Application at the bottom of the How to Apply page!
The 2019 AEF Paid Internship Program will operate for 12 consecutive weeks — starting on June 3 and ending on August 23. Applications must be received by April 1st.
Interns are hired directly by the sponsor company at an hourly wage of $15. The internship program includes weekly, day-long, classroom-based training sessions . For the remainder of the work week, interns receive significant on-the-job training — working side-by-side with experienced building operations employees. Our program is unique since it combines classroom-based learning with the application of new skills – in a “real world” environment and under the supervision of an experienced tradesperson.
The company sponsor and intern are free to negotiate an adjusted work schedule (prior to or following the formal program) that meets both the company’s business needs and the Intern’s availability. Note: You must be 18 years old at the start of the program and have a high school diploma or GED. Click here to see what the Internship includes.
Many Sponsors will choose to offer a standard 40-hour work week, however Sponsors are welcome to give Interns the opportunity to work a more flexible schedule. Interns must make the sponsor company aware of any pre-existing vacation plans or scheduling conflicts during the application process.
Dates and Deadlines
- The Application process opens on February 1, and closes on March 31.
- In addition to the application, candidates are required to complete online tests. Qualified candidates will then be interviewed via phone by Foundation staff.
- During April, all applications will be reviewed by industry sponsors and interviews will be scheduled during the last week of April.
- In May, qualified applicants will be invited to additional interviews as needed, and matched with sponsor companies. A formal letter of acceptance into the 2019 Internship program will be sent from the Foundation and from the Sponsor company.
- The 2019 Internship program will run from June 3 through August 23.